The English language is constantly changing and evolving. New words and expressions appear every year. But in 2020, this process has stalled a little, like everything that happened in the past year. At this time, the words that we used 5-10 years ago became relevant again, writes the blog author Anastasiia at Yandex Zen.
- Yikes - reaction to something very embarrassing, awkward, when there is nothing to say.
- I fell in front of my crush. - Yikes.
- I fell in front of the guy I like. - Y-yes.
- Fit (outfit) - outfit.
- I like your fit.
- I like your outfit.
- To go off - get angry, lose your temper.
- Wow, mom went off today.
- Oh, mom is mad with anger today.
- Salty - to be upset / offended because of some little thing.
- Stop being salty!
- Stop being offended because of some trifle!
- Mad+ preposition = very.
- I'm mad tired.
- I am very tired.
- Bath - very much.
- I want it so bad.
“I want it so badly.
- Crush - the person you are in love with.
- I have a crush in you.
- I fell in love with you.
- Yes P - a person who does everything to please a girl / guy in the hope of her / his reciprocity, henpecked.
- He's a simp!
- He is henpecked!
- Yaas - Yeah!
- Do you like this ice cream? - Yaaas!
- Do you like this ice cream? - Yeah!
- wack - boring.
- This movie is wack!
- This movie is boring!
The original column was posted on Anastasiia's blog at Yandex Zen.
ForumDaily Woman is not responsible for the content of blogs and may not share the views of the author. If you want to become the author of the column, write to us - email@example.com.