Human hair can withstand a load of up to 100g and is capable of stretching up to 30% if wet. But only healthy hair has such superpower - damaged hair will break immediately. You can hardly determine the condition of your hair by visual inspection. But there are simple ways to check if everything is in order with them, and, if necessary, restore their health, writes ADME.
Life hacks to help maintain healthy hair:
Hair follicle check
In order to understand if your hair is generally healthy and whether it is worth worrying about hair loss, you first need to check its roots. You can do it like this:
- Pull one hair out by the root. To do this, take the hair as close to the head as possible.
- Examine the follicle. It should be in the shape of a bulb. If so, your hair is healthy. If the follicle is small or does not look like a bulb, then the hair is weakened, it needs special care.
How to prevent hair loss
- Try the Mediterranean diet. Research has shown that it reduces the risk of hair loss.
- Avoid hairstyles that involve pulling your hair together (such as a ponytail), especially while sleeping, as this can lead to hair loss.
- Take special vitamins and minerals.
On the subject: Why hair and nails grow more actively on one side
This test shows how porous your hair is. The surface of healthy hair is solid, it slowly permeates moisture. And damaged hair quickly absorbs liquid. To run a test, do the following:
- Pluck a few hairs from different parts of the head, such as the crown, back of the head and temples.
- Dip them in a glass of water. Healthy hair will float on the surface, not quite healthy hair will go under water, and damaged hair will sink to the bottom.
How to care for porous hair
- Apply different types of oils to your hair. This will help make the hair "airtight".
- Use hair conditioner after every wash.
- Apply apple cider vinegar and aloe vera to your hair to help adjust the pH balance.
This test will help determine how elastic your hair is. It is very simple to execute it:
- Pull the hair out gently.
- Pull gently on both ends. If the hair stretches and then contracts back when you stop pulling, then it is healthy. If the hair breaks easily, it is probably loose.
How to restore elasticity to hair
- Dry your hair naturally. Using hot air from a hair dryer reduces the elasticity of the hair.
- Massage your hair with jojoba oil.
- Try applying some honey to your head. This is a great natural conditioner that will keep the moisture in your hair.
On the subject: Sincere stories of women who no longer hide their gray hair
With the help of simple manipulations, you can determine the condition of the hair papilla in order to understand whether it is damaged or not. You need to do the following:
- Pinch the hair between your index and middle fingers.
- Swipe your fingers from the tip to the root. If your hair feels rough and uneven to the touch, it is damaged. If it is smooth, then everything is fine.
How to care for damaged hair
- Try a keratin treatment. It smoothes hair, eliminates frizz and gives hair shine.
- Take a break from coloring, cut back on blow-drying and curling.
- Try rinsing your hair in rice water. Studies have shown that it stays in the hair for a while and protects it from damage.