About the life of the model Melania Knavs before meeting with the billionaire and future US President Donald Trump, not much is known.
Edition The Week decided to put together the most interesting facts from the life of the wife of Trump.
“Over the next four years, the world is likely to learn a lot more about Melania Trump. But at the moment, here are some of the things you may not know about the new first lady, ”the article notes.
- Melania is Donald Trump's third wife. She began dating Donald in 1998, and married him in 2005 and gave birth to a son, Barron, the following year. Prior to Melania, Donald was married for several years to Marla Maples, a television personality, former beauty queen and mother of his daughter Tiffany Trump. The couple met when the businessman was still with his first wife, Czechoslovak model Ivana Zelnichkova, whom he married in 1977. They have three children - Ivanka, Eric and Donald Trump Jr., who, at 38, is eight years younger than his stepmother.
- She refused to give Trump her phone number. The billionaire asked for Melania's number at a party in New York in 1998, but she said no. Donald was then famous as a playboy. Came with another woman but sent her to the bathroom to chat with the model. However, Melania knew his reputation, so she refused to give her phone number.
- Hillary Clinton attended her wedding. Bill and Hillary were among the 350 guests invited to the wedding.
- She grew up in communist Yugoslavia and speaks five languages. Melania knows Slovenian, English, French, Serbian and German.
- She has a secret half-brother. Melania's father has a son who was born before marriage with her mother.
- She is the only first lady to pose nude. Three years before she met Donald, Melania posed nude for a French magazine.
- Her official portrait caused a stir. The media discussed the pose, Melania's cold gaze, outfit, background - the picture was understood to the details.
- She doesn't always want to hold hands.
- She is an asset to the Trump administration. She visited children's hospitals around the world many times. The fact that she speaks with sick children in their own language is “an asset of the Trump administration.”
- She cannot distinguish between pizza and potica. It was one of the most embarrassing moments on her first official trip abroad as First Lady. Melania seems to have misunderstood one of the Pope's jokes. Accompanying the President of the United States during his visit to the Vatican, the Pope asked her: "What are you feeding him - with potassium?" Melania hesitantly replied, "Pizza?" Before smiling and answering, "Yes." Potica is a popular Slovenian dessert loved by the pontiff.
- She sued Daily Mail for reporting escort charges. The British edition had to apologize to the first lady and publish a refutation on the site that the statements about Mrs. Trump were incorrect.
- She is best outside the United States. Melania may have found her “comfort zone” when she accompanied her husband to Paris after meeting G20. The Washington Post. Her public appearances abroad have a positive effect on the status of the first lady.
- Once she was sworn in as president of the United States. In the years before her appearance at the White House, she appeared in a low-cost Slovenian fashion ad in which she took the oath of "the first woman president of the United States." Melania was then 23 of the year.
- В Twitter she "liked" the tweet of a meme taunting her marriage to Donald Trump.
- Andy Ostroy (@AndyOstroy) May 3, 2017
- She becomes for America mom-in-chief... Motherhood for Melania is an important and close topic.
- She moved to the White House almost five months after Donald.
- Cory Lewandowski can't stop talking about her looks.
- Rumors continue to spread about her marriage.
- She thinks that freedom and equality are crucial for women.
- She supports her husband’s tough position on immigration.
- She brings up her son as "Little Donald."
- She said she wants to use her position as first lady to make money.
- She became the object of an eerie telephone conversation with Howard Stern.