The article has been automatically translated into English by Google Translate from Russian and has not been edited.

Treated for tonsillitis: sores in the mouth of an 21-year-old girl turned out to be a terrible disease


Source: report

21-year-old Annie Lovegrove went to the hospital complaining of mouth ulcers. Doctors discovered that the patient had inflamed tonsils, prescribed medication for tonsillitis and sent her home. The next day, the girl's temperature jumped to 41 degrees Celsius, and she was taken to the emergency room.

Фото: Depositphotos

In the English town of Ipswich, Suffolk County, doctors confused the patient's rare blood disease with tonsillitis. Reports about it report with reference to the British edition of the Daily Mail.

Lovegrove lay under the supervision of doctors for two weeks. Surveys revealed that the Briton suffered from aplastic anemia, an extremely dangerous and rare bone marrow lesion. The red blood cell and white blood cell count was reduced in the girl’s blood, and her immune system weakened. The slightest infection could lead to the death of the patient.

On the subject: In California, the girl died, which by mistake were treated for flu

A bone marrow transplant was the only way to save Lovegrove's life. Her 17-year-old sister Milly became a donor. The patient had to undergo chemotherapy to prepare the body for the operation. In May, she successfully underwent a transplant, now a young British woman is recovering.

“It is very important that people pay attention to symptoms such as bruises and ulcers on the body. Thus, the body shows us that it is not in order, - Lovegrove said. “The doctors told me that I could die if I didn’t go to the emergency room.”

According to the newspaper, aplastic anemia is an extremely rare disease that occurs annually only in 100-150 residents of the country.

Follow success stories, tips, and more by subscribing to Woman.ForumDaily on Facebook, and don't miss the main thing in our mailing list

WP2Social Auto Publish Powered By: