Actor Mikhail Efremov, sentenced to eight years in prison for a fatal accident on the Garden Ring, personally filed a complaint against his sentence. About this on Monday, September 28, "Tape.ru" reported in the press service of the Presnensky District Court of Moscow.
Also, the actor's verdict was appealed by his former lawyers Elman Pashayev and Elizaveta Shargorodskaya and the representative of Irina Sterkhova, the common-law wife of the driver Sergei Zakharov, who died in an accident.
Earlier it was reported that Roman Filippov, the new lawyer of Mikhail Efremov, noted that due to violations committed by Elman Pashayev, Efremov was actually "deprived of the right to defense", and on this basis asked the court to mitigate the sentence to the artist.
In an appeal sent to the court, the lawyer asked to appoint Efremov a four-year suspended sentence. Moreover, the minimum punishment under the article is five years.
As ForumDaily Woman wrote earlier:
- June 8, Mikhail Efremov, while intoxicated, became a participant in an accident in the center of Moscow... His car crashed into a van, the driver of which, courier Sergei Zakharov, died soon after in the hospital due to injuries incompatible with life. Efremov was placed under house arrest until August 9.
- Journalist Sergei Parkhomenko, who has known Mikhail Efremov since childhood, said that the artist started drinking alcohol at age 13.
- On June 13, the suspect spoke to the public and apologized to relatives - did it in a video, and not at a meeting or by phone.
- June 16 for the first time commented at the Sovremennik Theater.
- June 18, the first statement made son of Mikhail Efremov, famous actor Nikita Efremov.
- At the first court session on August 5, Mikhail Efremov stated that doesn't remember anything about the accident, so he cannot admit guilt. Earlier, the defense of the accused stated that the artist was definitely in the car at the time of the accident, but it was not proven that he was driving. The actor himself said that he did not remember the events of that evening at all. He disagreed with the charges.
- August 6 at the Presnensky Court of Moscow the meeting was held in the case of Mikhail Efremov. Eyewitnesses said that the driver Mikhail Zakharov was conscious after the collision, and Efremov could hardly stand on his feet.
- On August 7, Mikhail Efremov's lawyer Elman Pashayev said that his client does not admit his guilt in a fatal road accident in the center of Moscow. In light of the new statement of non-recognition of guilt, the journalists wanted to know how Efremov himself explains the accident. But his lawyer refused to answer the question about this, referring to the secrecy of the investigation.
- September 3 Efremov admitted in court his fault in an accident in the center of Moscow, as a result of which a person died. The prosecution requested 11 years in prison as a punishment.
- On September 8, the court found the actor guilty and sentenced to eight years general regime colonies.