California is usually associated with palm trees and beaches, but few know that most of the state is occupied by desert, which is separated from the coastal part by mountains.
The diversity of California's nature is astounding. A couple of months after moving here, we wanted to look at the landscapes other than the ocean, and went into the desert. I was then on 8 pregnancy, and for some reason I did not want to stay at home.
Here are some interesting facts about the park. Joshua Tree:
- The area of the park is 3196 km², which is the largest area of the entire state of Rhode Island.
- The park is located on two deserts - Mojave and Colorado.
- The park got its name in honor of an unusual tree. Joshua Tree (Yucca is short-leaved). That was the name given to him by the Mormons who crossed the Mojave Desert in the middle of the 19 of the 20th century. They saw in the outlines of the branches of the tree the hands of the biblical Joshua (Joshua), spread out in plea, who directed the travelers to the west.
- There is no connection in the park, so if something happens, you have to get to one of the two points with emergency telephone numbers.
- Be sure to stock up on water and sunscreen. In the desert, the heat does not spare anyone.
- The park has a local landmark - a stone Skull rockwhich is shaped like a skull.
- The inhabitants of the park are lizards, chipmunks, ground squirrels, snakes, scorpions, coyotes, bighorn sheep, kangaroo jumpers and black-tailed hares. Some animals live only in this part of America.
- Many come here on trailers or with tents for several days. The night sky just can not be described in words. But we decided not to risk it in my position and stayed at a roadside motel. By the way, I really like to stay in such places, there is a certain amount of romance and a sense of travel.
- A ticket to the park is $ 20 per car, which is valid for 7 days. Quite by accident, we got to the park on National public lands dayand the entrance was free. In general, there are several days in the year when many national parks are free, you need to keep track of the calendar.
- This park is also a climber's paradise. The rocks here are relatively low, but varied in shape and complexity.
- The best time to visit the park is in spring or autumn. In summer it is incredibly hot, and in winter it snows.
Woman.ForumDaily is not responsible for the content of blogs and may not share the views of the author. If you want to become the author of the column, send your materials to firstname.lastname@example.org