The article has been automatically translated into English by Google Translate from Russian and has not been edited.

The CDC warned: why you need to be cautious with household cleaning products

'18.11.2021'

Source: 42.tut.by

The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has prepared a report on why you don’t have to deal with disinfectants in your home. 42.tut.by provides excerpts from this report.

Photo: Shutterstock

First of all in CDC recommend disinfect your home with great care. Specialists of the department note that in January-March, 45 550 calls related to cleaning (28 158) and disinfectants (17 392) were received at the poison control centers, which, respectively, is 20,4% and 16,4% more than it was from January to March 2019 and from January to March 2018.

Moreover, the number of applications rose sharply in early March. The applicants are from different age groups, but most of the incidents occur with children under five years of age (regardless of age, this is approximately 39,9-47,3%).

The analysis of calls showed that most often people complained about bleaches (1949; 62,1%). Among the disinfectants were alcohol-free substances (1684; 36,7%) and hand sanitizers (1 684; 36,7%). Most often, people inhaled fumes.

Two cases are given as an example. In the first, a woman heard on the news that she had to wash all recently purchased products. She filled the sink with a mixture of a ten percent solution of bleach, vinegar and hot water and dampened the purchases. As a result, chlorine vapor fell into the air, because of which she began to have breathing problems, coughing and shortness of breath. The woman called an ambulance, where they helped her.

On the subject: How many coronavirus lives on surfaces and what means to use for cleaning and disinfection

In another case, a preschooler was found unconscious on the floor of a house with an open bottle of ethanol-based hand sanitizer on the kitchen table. Relatives said that the girl fell and hit her head. The child vomited while being taken to the hospital; he did not react well to external stimuli. It turned out that the girl's blood alcohol level was increased to 273 mg / dL. After 48 hours in the hospital, the child was returned to his family.

So the CDC is asking you to be careful not to mix several chemicals together, to protect your eyes and skin when handling household chemicals, and to keep such substances out of the reach of children.

Follow success stories, tips, and more by subscribing to Woman.ForumDaily on Facebook, and don't miss the main thing in our mailing list